Tuesday, January 20, 2015

THE DAILY ART DOSE IN REVIEW: JANUARY pt.1

It all started with a list of prompts and instructions and encouragement.
There are no rules other than engage daily ... a poem, a piece of art, a simple drawing, a photo, words on the page, and ATC (artist trading card) ... let your imagination soar and commit to a daily practice, and maybe even, on occasion, share with the world.

... just 10 minutes a day ...






I find when I follow a daily practice in response to a single word prompt my mind is forced to stretch and think in new ways of interpreting the word. It forces me to move beyond the dictionary page and find new ways to think about and instill meaning or communicate an idea or concept with the word ... sometimes very literal and sometimes quite vague or obscure. 

I like searching for secret messages. How about you?
Join in with Tangie Baxter at the Art Journal Emporium for monthly inspiration and fun.

PS: follow me on Instagram for daily postings and the backstories for each prompt interpretation.



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love seeing it all together! Glad I stopped by!

Anonymous said...

I love how you've showed your responses to the prompts displayed like this

Unknown said...

Thanks Crystal and Traveller2006 for stopping by and leaving comments. I think it's fun to see the first part of the month all together in one place.