Tuesday, January 22, 2008

QUILTING CRUISE & THE COLOR OF SUNSHINE

Lots of plotting and planning happening in the studio these days. I've been putting the final touches on new designs due to be released in a week. Several new E2E designs I'm sure you will enjoy using on your quilts. Some are designs that have been cooking on the back burner for a while and some are filling special request for fellow quilters. Never hesitate to drop me an email or give me a call if you need a design altered or you have an idea you need worked up into a pattern.

The design catalog is a work in progress. It seems to have a life of its own but I'm beginning to get a handle on how to "tame" it and make it work for me and for quilters. Some days I feel like my head will explode if I have to learn one more new piece of software ... or ... if I have to make one more piece of software work for me the way I need it to work. I have had (knock on wood) pretty good success with all my programs and Vista. I did have to have to Geek Squad out for some fine tuning, and I have one program that I still can not get to run yet. The odd thing about that program - it's a brand new up-to-date program. Ah well, what's a few more hours on the phone with tech support. You gotta keep your sense of humor!

Final touches are falling into place in the planning for our cruise to Alaska this coming September. Statler/AutoSketch Classes, Piecing Classes, Quilt Shop Tours, and sight-seeing in some of the most beautiful country in the world. It's a cruise you won't want to miss. Continue to check back often for updates and more information.



DESIGN SNEAK PREVIEWS:
1148 ROSES ... and ... 1149 WOVEN HEARTS














Stay tuned for more updates with designs and patterns.

And finally, food for thought ... THE COLOR OF SUNSHINE. Have you ever notice the difference in the color of Spring Sunshine vs. Winter or Autumn Sunshine? I'm sure there is a scientific explanation as to what causes these differences but I'm not sure I want to explore that avenue. It would destroy the magic of recognizing June Sunshine and how different it is from August Sunshine.

Enjoy this picture of January Sunshine about 4:00 in the afternoon as it casts it's rays across the trees. Honest, no trick photography here, just a study in texture and natural color.

No comments: