Tuesday, October 9, 2012

I LOVE RED!

1009: red ... let me just say my love affair with the color red continues. My fabric stash of red fabric is always growing. It doesn't seem to matter how many red patches I sew into my quilts or how many red quilts I make, my tub for red fabric seems to stay just as full. And that's not a bad thing if you're planning on quilting for many more years. We all know (and probably suscribe to the notion) one can NEVER have too much fabric!
 
So when we moved to Massachusetts to a house with multiple bathrooms, what a perfect opportunity to explore a more permanent decorating opportunity using my red things. I can't begin to tell you the grief I've taken from my family at the red and white towels in the guest bath.

What was I thinking!
Don't I know the red towels will fade and the white towels will become pink!

My answer: Hello! Have you never heard of using the color catcher sheets from Shout?
 
And so I've continued on my merry way picking up red and white pieces as I shop the antique and thrift stores. I've found some fun items that one might not use in an every-day-morning-noon-and-night bath, but work well in the occassional-use guest bath.
 
The washer and dryer is also located in this guest bath. The fellas had to remove the doors to install my new front loaders so I've been working on a quilted curtain to serve as a door over the laundry area. I need a total of 72 blocks and I think I'm about a third of the way there so far. I admit, I've been working on it for a while, but I also am trying to make my blocks scrappy. And there's the rub. If I follow Juanita's rules, I should try to make my scrappy quilt without repeating any of the fabrics in the different blocks.
 
Yup, you guessed it ... I keep running out of red fabric.
Time to go shopping!