Sunday, September 9, 2012

GOOD COOKIN' 16: MAPLE MUSTARD CHICKEN

0909: something I do most weekends ... cook for the week ahead ...

I've been trying to incorporate more chicken into our diet as well as keeping the flavor fresh and savory. The recipe needs to be easy ... easy to remember, easy to fix, easy on the eyes (must look tasty!) and best of all, it needs to tast yummy enough for everyone to beg me to fix it again and again.

A new recipe I tried a few weeks ago ... with just 3 main ingredients this one fills the bill in all the EASY CATEGORIES I listed above and yes, it was a summertime favorite this season. it is super simple and easy to remember ...

FIRST YOU NEED:
•chicken (I used a package of drumsticks and a package of thights)
•1/2 c dijon mustard
•1/4 c maple syrup
•1 T rice vinegar
•sprigs of fresh rosemary - snipped

Preheat oven to 450 degrees and then ...

1. place the chicken in a baking dish after misting lightly with olive oil

2. stir together mustard, maple syrup, and vinegar

3. pour mixture over chicken

4. bake at 450 for 40 minutes; baste chicken pieces about half way through the baking time.

5. place chicken on a serving platter and garnish with the snipped fresh rosemary

Now how easy can that be. Easy-peasie cooking means more time for quilting (or playing with grandkids)

I served my saucy chicken on a pretty platter with brown rice and fresh steamed broccoli, and another time I fixed roasted baby red potatoes in the oven at the same time as the chicken was roasting.

No comments: