Thursday, September 27, 2012

PATINA POCKET PLAY


Isn't this just the juiciest yummy paint play! I'm working with prompts and tutorials from Gypsy Diaries with Tangie Baxter.
 
My journal is a composition notebook - the price is just right for me to experiment and play with techniques, and the size is perfect for carrying here and there.
 
I glued about 3 pages together and then started folding with a surprise pocket happening that turns out to be just right for tags and journal cards. Yippee! An extra bonus always makes me smile.
 
I started with gesso and collaging bits of book pages to give the pocket the strength it needed to hold up under much "ins-and-outs" with tags and cards. Then I sparyed with Adirondack Color wash and added the Liquitex gold while the ink was still wet.
 
I keep looking at this beautiful color and thinking about fabric and a quilted wall-hanging. The Color Wash inks are a textile dye ... so, it's time to let your imagination run!
 
For a little more inspiration from the man himself, Tim Holtz ...
 

 
... so easy, so fun, so elegant ...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love how the colors blended. This is beautiful.

Unknown said...

I love how the colors blended. Really pretty.