Thursday, July 17, 2014

DLP: ELEMENTS & EMBELLISHMENTS

If you're anything like me as a mixed media artist, you have no shortage of supplies. Paints, pens, sketchbooks and calendars, stickers, gadgets and gizmos ... And, I'm guilty of continualling adding more, wanting more, and saving all of the "more" up for JUST THE RIGHT PLACE" to use them. Can you identify with these thoughts?

And so, to that end,  for the month of July (we won't talk about the fact that I'm having difficulty making a commitment to this goal beyond one month LOL) I'm on a mission to use some of the treasures this month. No more saving, No more hoarding. Trust me, SELF, there will always be more out there to tempt you when you need to replace with something new and better.

I captured some shots of my DOCUMENTED LIFE PLANNER and wanted to share how I have gotten the elements and embellishments out of the box and onto the page, and more importantly, let you see how I've integrated them with the page so each page presents as a unified piece rather than as a themed collection.


planner page and tip-in view

fun fireworks piece that's been in my stash for more years than one cares to count; adding the multi-colored paint bursts helps to make it a part of the page rather than just being an add-on
aren't these foam stars fun; have a whole bag in many other colors - more than I'll use in my lifetime LOL, but I love the dimensional aspect and lining them with the white pen is a perfect easy way to make them a part of the page
(white pen: Uniball Signo UM 153)
this is an element I created using torn note paper; a way for me to practice my lettering skills; I used my new white Liquitex paint marker, and my black china market to border the piece and to add shadows to help it pop off the page
a fun graphic from a magazine that fits in perfectly with what is happening in my life right now (lots of gardening) but also is a perfect match for my ONE LITTLE WORD for the year, cultivating
and there it is, the spread with the tip-in opened up; the common color palette helps present the spread as a unit; hooray for me - I used up the glittery fireworks stickers (added white pen to anchor to the page) and worked in the word stickers (framing them with the white pen to help them pop up off the page)

Thanks for stopping by. I challenge to to move your hoarded stash out of the box and on to the page.
Write about it on your blog.
Send me a link in the comments.

No comments: