Thursday, January 3, 2013

THURSDAY 13 - 010313

Many of us choose to use a word to guide our intentions for the upcoming year following the guidance of Ali Edwards and her ONE LITTLE WORD program. I have done this for two years now. The first year for me was a little more focused and I was more actively involved with my word. (create order)
 
Alas, not so much last year. (balance) I plan to take a more active role this year with my new word ... more than the occasional think about it and then go on about my day  kind of participation. The first step in owning my word and being more accountable to what that could mean is declaring its existence and presence in my life for all the world to know with regular check-in posts to follow throughout the year. (why is it that I squirm in my chair when I write those words ... commitment issues?)
 
The word I chose as my word for this year this year is savor.
 
Definitions: verb: taste and enjoy completely;
noun: a characteristic taste, flavor or smell - especially a pleasant one.

And now for 13 synonyms for my one little word:
  1. delight in
  2. enjoy
  3. respect
  4. treasure
  5. appreciate
  6. luxuriate in
  7. relish
  8. admire
  9. applaud
  10. cherish
  11. praise
  12. revel in
  13. adore
Do you have a word chosen for the year? Are you a "one little word" follower? I'd love to learn what word you chose and hear how your "one little word" works into your life from day to day

... go HERE to read other THURSDAY 13 posts ...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of my favorite words is savor. I almost chose that for my word of the year. But instead I chose explore. Endless possibilities in that word. I have been doing the word of the year now for 3 years and it is amazing how well it works. I hope you can savor your year. :)

Unknown said...

Hi Deb, thanks for stopping by. I like your word ... packed with possibilities. I need to remember that one for the future.

Mia Celeste said...

What fun. I had a word definition in my TT post too.


http://otherworlddiner.blogspot.com/2013/01/a-day-for-oddballs-fruit-loops-and.html

Unknown said...

Hey, Mia, thanks for stopping by. The definition and synonymsare seeming to help give more weight, strength, and focus to my commitment.