Thursday, January 1, 2015

WHISPER 52: 00

A new challenge for the year as I've set out for myself: to create a 52 card collection of small art

Inspired by many different sources over way too many hours on Pinterest, Instagram, Face Book groups, and on-line classes it is now my turn to jump in with both feet and play. 

The idea: some cards will be digital and some will be hybrid collage ie. use up more of the bits and bobs of text and artwork from the stash. For now I will be using up orphan playing cards as the base for each card. I know there are some months (mainly in the summer) when it will be harder to find time to art, so I will be prepping the bases ahead of time, and if time allows, even making more than one card a week ... just for a little bit of a head start. 

Project box: Current supplies in the project box: random magazine/book text, playing cards, bits and pieces of scrapbook paper, random stickers, glue stick, stabilo pencil, washi tape, and my corner trimmer. I try to limit my options to keep things simple. I'm guilty of easily and frequently over-thinking and then risking not completing.

The intention: creating cards that contain ... affirmations, favorite quotes, secret messages, wordless art, inspiration, thought for the day, motivation, and angel whisperings.

Want to join in on the fun? Here are some great resources to help you learn more:
Be sure to check back here every Wednesday to see what I've come up with over the past week.

You can also follow me on Instagram and use #whisper52

And if you decide to play along, leave a link to your posting (blog, IG, or Twitter) 
and I'll drop by and leave some love.

No comments: