Monday, November 10, 2014

CONVERSATIONS

AUTOMAT 1927 Edward Hopper
I know her. 
I know her story. 
I don't know her name, 
... but ...
I FEEL her story.

She sits on my desk all through the day and the night, alone with her cup of coffee or tea  ...

thinking? waiting? dreaming? 
resting? planning?

just being still ... and ... listening ...



I have coffee with her in the morning. We talk about my day, my plans, my worries, my busyness - 

And she waits patiently through the day while I work at my computer, entering data, writing, catching up on emails, doing research ... answering the phone to help a customer with download issues. She sits and waits, a silent cheerleader sending out positive energy.

"You go Girl!" 
"Believe in yourself." 
"You can do this thing ... this task you've set before us."

At the end of the day, she is there still ... ever faithful with her cup in hand ready to hear me ... 
... ready to help me harvest my day ... 
... ready to help me sort through the struggles and triumphs ...
... and ... 
... ready to lend her thoughts as I sow the seeds for tomorrow ...

Who would ever guess I would find a  muse, a companion, a soul sister 
on a visit to the museum ... the Rockwell Museum ... the Edward Hopper exhibit. 

... the art of connecting ...
... the art resonating ...
... the viewer taking the time to absorb the vibrations ... 



I didn't know I would meet her when I went to the museum by myself that day. Time to putter and stop and gaze for as long as I wanted. No rushing for me from other people I might be with. Time to eavesdrop on conversations swirling around me; Time to people-watch, to think  and wonder about their stories as they hurried from painting, to painting and then off to the gift store for souvenirs ... because there was only so much time at this stop and they were off to the next stop on their tour.

GRATITUDE: so thankful, so very thankful to live where there are amazing art museums to close at hand where I can easily go visit as often as I want ... to be still and listen to the art that resonates.

No comments: