Thursday, May 22, 2008

A FORGOTTEN UFO

Well look what I found! While searching through my 30's stash of strips, scraps, and fat quarters looking for some missing orphan blocks I found something else I had forgotten all about.

These are birthday blocks pieced for me by members of our Scrappy Sisters quilting group. They were made for me about eight years ago and have been languishing in a drawer waiting for me to have time to get them together into a quilt. As you can see on the table I even have a much rumpled and wrinkled quilt plan.

Along with these single blocks I had four corners of three rows each with the blocks in a horizontal set. I had cut the inside blocks in half to make the corners. Who knows now what on earth I was planning to do. No EQ printout for that idea ... at least, none found to date.

Our Scrappy Sisters group has a Finishing Club. Each person who joins must contribute $10 and four fat quarters. We report our square inches for each project finished during a quarter. Each person who reports in per quarter has their name in the hat for the drawing of a fat quarter bundle. We have enough participants to have three or four winners each quarter. At the "end of our year" ... our annual retreat in August, the person who has reported the most square inches finished wins the "pot of gold." We've had great fun finishing up our UFO's and getting to those projects that have been on the "want to do" list for several years.

Seems like this just might be the year to get the birthday block quilt finished up and on the bed. Oh, and I never did find those orphan blocks I was looking for. Drat! There's always tomorrow.

1 comment:

swooze said...

Very nice quilt. I love it!