Wednesday, July 9, 2008

WHOLECLOTH FUN

What a fun day playing with one of my new wholecloth designs. I love this shiny red fabric. I've got to go back to the store and read where it comes from and more detail about what the fiber content is. I know it is mostly cotton with some shiny threads woven in for the glitz.
I first heard about this fabric from my friend Dani. She quilted a Sun Compass quilt using a creamy yellow metalic color of the same fabric. I had to beat feet down to Fabric Depot to find some for me. I found both the creamy yellow and this yummy red that is perfect for a holiday wholecloth. I even found the perfect backing fabric on the 50% off rack.


Now, that was fun ... trying to get good pictures of shiny fabric! Enjoy!



Quilting detail at the bottom of the wallhanging.

1075 Bead Strings was used in the border and 1077 Touching Beads was used for the sashing. I couldn't get a good picture of the 4th block used ... 1233 Pine Cones & Berries. Sorry. This sample is just a 4 block sampler with the blocks being set in at about 17" and the wallhanging finishing about 38" square. It could easily be enlarged to bed size. Wouldn't this be yummy on the bed during the holiday season after Thanksgiving all the way through New Years!

2 comments:

Susan Freebery said...

I am completely blown away by your "fun"! Simply marvelous work. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I love the look of the red wholecloth quilt. Am hoping that you'll eventually find out what the fabric is called. I'd love to get a bolt of it, too! It's really pretty and really makes the quilting look nice. I really like your newest designs, too. Great job!