Monday, January 7, 2013

MUGSHOT MONDAY 010713


010713: POWER UP
What a fun challenge especially for one who owns as many mugs as I do. I have my seasonal mugs, my comfy cozy mugs, my don't-mess-with-me-today mugs ... you name it - I've got it.
 
I do freely admit I have a love-affair with Starbucks mugs. Plain and simple - they fit my hand and are perfectly balanced so no fears of spillage while sipping from these babies. AND THE BONUS: they match the color scheme of my kitchen (green with red accents - but NOT Christmasy unless it's December.)
 
I learned about the collabrative challenge while reading on of my favorite blogs the other day A Year in the Life of an Art Journal. Adding their own special spin to fit their format (monthly afrt journaling prompts, inspiration, and challenges, they've teamed up with a facebook group called Monday Mugshots for this year-long event. I don't know if I'll be able to get all of the art journaling stuff in, but I think I can have some real fun collecting MUGSHOTS over the next year.
 
Their suggestion: at the end of the year compile all of the photos into a photo book. What a great coffee table book! 

2 comments:

Mrs Pretzel said...

LOVE your mug!! I'm on a mug breaking roll... :( I've broken two of my favorites in the last month.

Unknown said...

grrr ... I hate it when that happens! Thanks for stopping by, Rachel.