Sunday, September 14, 2008

KALEIDOSCOPE QUILTING

Recently I taught a class at Pioneer Quilts based on my kaleidoscope quilt that is published as a pattern in Marti Michell's book Kaleidoscope ABC's. We had such a good time learning how to use Marti's Kaleido-Ruler making it much easier to complete the blocks.

Last week Darlene brought her quilt top in for me to finish for her. I thought you might enjoy seeing the "after class" tutorial I put together for the girls and how great Darlene's quilt looks. The "after class" tutorial is to serve as a reminder filled with those little class details, tips, and tricks we tend to forget the day after class ... but we still have more blocks to piece.

When I made my quilt, I used strips and scraps from a country red and blue exchange from a couple of summers ago. As you can see, this quilt works great as a scrappy stash buster and I love the circular motion created by the block units as your eye travels across the top of the quilt.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok - So this is going on my list of quilts I want to make before I die! Time Management has not been kind to me lately and I'm having trouble getting back into the groove. I guess housework has to take a backseat to quilting right now! I'm glad you're home. See you at the end of the month. Pat did great at last months meeting.
Jennifer Reinhart

Unknown said...

You will love making this quilt. I have one going in 30's now - totally scrappy. You'll have to see it when you come for Al's class. And ... I put your name in the hat for this month's drawing!
Kay